Your Academy wants members to thrive, not just survive, as new health care models are being tested that pay for performance and quality care. Toward this end, our 2018 goals include:
- Continue to educate members on the implementation of MACRA and monitor and respond to future state and federal legislation that impacts PM&R physicians and patients.
- Prepare and support members for Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) requirements.
- Define and advance the Academy’s position and recommendation on data standardization/measures for post-acute settings.
- Maximize reimbursement and showcase the value of physiatry.
- Support and oversee the Advancing PM&R Bold initiative, which brings physiatrists together for BOLD discussions about the future and opportunities for involvement to better the specialty.
- Advocate to ensure the physiatric approach to patient care is strengthened and impactful. AAPM&R is the only PM&R organization with full-time staff in Washington, DC, who are continuously representing the specialty.
- Support for the “Physiatry is More Than” campaign, designed to celebrate the work of physiatrists and unify the specialty. Share your story, complete the statement and join the conversation on social media.
How to engage and stay up-to-date:
Participate in legislative action alerts and contact U.S. senators and representatives on important health policy issues via our web-based congressional lobbying software tool.
The Academy’s website is your portal for all things PM&R. Discover easy-to-use resources that are built to help you navigate the health care changes that affect your practice, connect with other physiatrists to discuss common challenges, and stay up-to-date on advocacy efforts.
Read about what we accomplished in 2017.
Thank you to our Liaisons and Representatives who help us move the specialty forward!